Be aware: Once you make these, people will want them all the time!
This batch is for 24 good sized pancakes. They freeze very well.
2 cups Fruition Farms Ricotta
4 large eggs, separated into yokes and whites
1.5 cups of whole milk
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 cups of flour
2 tsp of baking powder
6 tbsp of confectioners sugar
pinch of salt
4 tsp of melted butter
one heaping tbsp of Blueberry Bourbon Jam
- Place the ricotta, yolks, milk and vanilla in a bowl. Use a rubber spatula to mix (press down on large lumps as required)
- Ad flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Mix until just combined. Batter should be thick!
- Place egg whites in a separate bowl and whisk until nice a foamy. Fold egg whites into batter and mix until just combined. Batter should still be pretty thick!
- add a tbsp of the jam. Fold it in gently! Batter should not become purple. All you want to see are lines of the jam throughout the batter.
- Heat a non stick pan over medium heat. Melt butter on pan and then quickly wipe with a paper towel..thats the trick to getting beautifully browned pancakes the first time around!
- Pour a heaping ice-cream scoop on the pan and use the scoop to make it nice and round. 40 seconds each side.
- Serve warm with maple syrup and maybe a little more jam!